If you’re interested in working with artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in the Azure cloud environment, then the Azure AI Fundamentals exam (AI-900) might be the right certification for you. This exam is offered by Microsoft and it’s designed to test your foundational knowledge and skills in Azure AI services.
By taking the AI-900 exam, you’ll learn about AI and ML principles, Azure AI services, data analysis, and cognitive services. Once you pass the exam, you’ll have demonstrated that you understand these concepts and can apply them in real-world situations using Azure AI services.
The AI-900 exam aims to test your basic understanding of AI and machine learning principles and how to use Azure AI services. Here are the key topics covered in the exam:
- AI Workloads and Considerations – Learn about the different types of AI workloads and what factors to consider when designing AI solutions.
- Machine Learning Principles on Azure – Understand the various types of machine learning, the core concepts, and the features of Azure Machine Learning.
- Computer Vision Workloads on Azure – Explore computer vision concepts and the Azure services available for computer vision activities.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) Workloads on Azure – Learn about NLP concepts and the Azure services available for NLP activities.
- Conversational AI Workloads on Azure – Discover conversational AI concepts and the Azure services available for conversational AI activities.
- Data Processing Tasks in Azure – Understand common data processing technologies and the Azure services available for working with big data.
- AI Services on Azure – Learn about Azure Cognitive Services and Azure Bot Services, their features, and how they can be used.
- Responsible AI Process – Understand the considerations for creating responsible AI solutions and ethical principles for AI.
- Managing AI Solutions on Azure – Discover the tools available for managing AI solutions and the Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) process.
Azure provides several tools for managing AI solutions, including:
- Azure Machine Learning Studio – Azure Machine Learning Studio is a user-friendly, web-based platform that allows you to build, deploy, and manage machine learning models. It offers an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to create machine learning workflows without needing extensive coding skills. You can use it to train, test, and deploy models at scale, making it ideal for large-scale data analysis and modeling tasks. Additionally, Azure Machine Learning Studio supports a variety of popular machine learning frameworks and programming languages, making it easy to integrate with your existing codebase. Overall, it’s a powerful tool that can help you streamline your machine learning workflow and achieve better results in less time.
- Azure Databricks – A collaborative, cloud-based platform for big data processing and machine learning. It supports popular programming languages and frameworks like Python, R, and TensorFlow, and allows you to build and train models on large datasets.
- Azure Cognitive Services – Pre-built AI models that allow you to add intelligent features to your applications, such as language translation, sentiment analysis, and image recognition. These services can be easily integrated into your existing applications using APIs.
- Azure Bot Service – A platform for building, testing, and deploying chatbots and conversational agents. It supports natural language processing, sentiment analysis, and other AI capabilities, and integrates with popular messaging platforms like Facebook Messenger and Slack.
- Azure DevOps – A set of services for building, testing, and deploying applications in the cloud. It provides tools for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), and supports a wide range of programming languages and frameworks.
The Azure AI Fundamentals Exam (AI-900) Exam Format:
- The exam consists of 40-60 multiple-choice questions.
- You have 60 minutes to complete the exam.
- The exam is available in several languages, including English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, Korean, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), and Russian.
- The exam is administered online and can be taken from anywhere.
- The exam fee varies by location and currency, but it is typically around $99 USD.
- To pass the exam, you must achieve a score of at least 700 out of 1000 points.
- The exam measures your knowledge and skills in foundational AI concepts, Azure AI services, data analysis, cognitive services, and responsible AI.
Overall, the Azure AI Fundamentals Exam (AI-900) is a relatively short exam that tests your understanding of basic AI concepts and how to work with Azure AI services. Passing the exam can help demonstrate your competence in AI and machine learning and can be a valuable credential for a variety of technical roles.
Azure AI Fundamentals Exam (AI-900) Time Limit :
The Azure AI Fundamentals Exam (AI-900) is a timed exam, and you have 60 minutes to complete it. Once the timer starts, you cannot pause or stop it, so it’s important to manage your time effectively during the exam. The exam contains multiple-choice questions, and the number of questions can vary between 40 and 60. The time limit is designed to give you enough time to answer all the questions while also preventing you from spending too much time on any one question. It’s important to prepare well for the exam and to use your time efficiently during the test.
Azure AI Fundamentals Exam (AI-900) Pass Mark:
To pass the Azure AI Fundamentals Exam (AI-900), you need to score at least 700 out of 1000 points, which translates to a minimum of 70% correct answers. Microsoft uses a complex scoring algorithm that takes into account the difficulty level of each question and the number of correct answers to calculate your final score. The exam is designed to evaluate your foundational knowledge and skills in Azure AI services, data analysis, cognitive services, and responsible AI. To increase your chances of passing, it’s important to prepare thoroughly and have a good understanding of these topics. If you don’t pass on your first attempt, you can retake the exam after a waiting period of 24 hours.
How to Prepare For Azure AI Fundamentals Exam (AI-900):
If you’re planning to take the Azure AI Fundamentals Exam (AI-900), it’s important to prepare well in advance. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Understand the exam objectives: Familiarize yourself with the exam objectives and the topics that will be covered in the exam. This will help you prioritize your study efforts and focus on the areas that are most important.
- Take online courses: Online courses can be a great way to learn the concepts and services related to Azure AI. There are many courses available on platforms like Microsoft Learn, edX, and others.
- Practice with hands-on labs: Hands-on labs can help you get practical experience with Azure AI services. You can find free labs on the Azure portal, which can help you understand how these services work in real-world scenarios.
- Use official study materials: Microsoft offers official study materials like practice tests, exam preparation guides, and e-books. These resources can help you understand the exam format and the types of questions you might encounter.
- Join a study group or community: Joining a study group or community can provide valuable insights and support. You can discuss concepts and questions with other students, get feedback on your answers, and learn from others’ experiences.
- Practice time management: The exam has a time limit, so it’s important to practice time management while studying. Make sure to allocate enough time to each topic, and take practice tests under timed conditions to improve your time management skills.
By following these tips, you can prepare effectively for the Azure AI Fundamentals Exam (AI-900) and increase your chances of success.